Dragon CMS is an All-in-one Shopping Cart solution which includes many powerful, easy, and secure features that enable you to manage your e-Commerce website with minimal cost and maximum simplicity!
The Product Management section is comprehensive and designed to be extremely easy to learn and operate. The Add Product Wizard gives you feedback and also notifies you if you have incorrect / missing data.
Get your head around these concepts:
- Each Product is associated to a Category / Sub-category, a great way to group products based on similar features (eg. Small Vehicles, Large Vehicles, Trucks).
- Each Product is associated with a Brand. Depending on your business, the Brand is the name of the Product's manufacturer, supplier or vendor (eg. Toyota, Ford, Ferrari).
- Each Product contains the following information:
- Brand name
- Category / Sub-category
- Product name
- Product image (thumbnail and main image)
- Cost price
- Normal price
- Special price
- Re-order quantity
- POA (Price on Application)
- In stock / out of stock
- Product Rating
Special features of the Product Management section include:
- Ability to create unlimited Categories and Sub-categories. We recommend no more than 7 Categories and unlimited Sub-categories to keep your website fast-loading and easy to navigate.
- Ability to create unlimited Brands.
- Ability to create unlimited Products*.
- Ability to upload Product image (in JPEG format) without needing specialist image editing software or skills.
- Dragon CMS automatically optimises the image to maintain quality and reduce file size for quick loading.
- Where you don't upload a Product image, Dragon CMS automatically uses a "no image file".
- Ability to add multiple products easily using the Add Product Wizard.
- The Add Product Wizard helps catch errors and common mistakes by notifying you where you have missing / incorrect data.
- Ability to control settings for the Automatic Product Recommendation feature.
- Ability to export your Product database to spreadsheet format.
- Ability for your visitors to rate the Product, and display this rating to all other visitors.
- Ability for your visitors to email the Product to a friend.
- Ability for your visitors to send enquiry on Product.
*The actual number of Products depends on available storage space on your web hosting Package, which can be easily upgraded without affecting website availability.
The Customer Management section allows you to manage customer information.
Each Customer contains the following information:
- Email Address (eg. email@example.com)
- Title (eg. Mr, Ms, Dr, Prof)
- First Name (eg. John)
- Last name (eg. Smith)
- Company Name (eg. Company XYZ)
- ABN / Business Number (if applicable) (eg. 12 345 678)
- Address (eg. 123 Ilivehere St)
- City (eg. Somewhereville)
- State / Province (eg. Somestate)
- Country (eg. Australia)
- Postcode (eg. 3213)
- Phone - primary (eg. 987 625 236)
- Phone - secondary (eg. 987 625 436)
- Secret question / answer
Special features of the Customer Management section include:
- Ability to create unlimited Customers.
- Customers can Sign Up themselves (via Front End) or your staff can add the Customer (via Back End).
- Customers are uniquely identified by personal email address.
- Secret question / answer allows Customer to send password reminder / reset their passwords without your intervention.
- To ensure security, all newly created Customers receive email verification.
- Easily add Customer account to your Mailing List.
- Customers that abandon their Shopping Carts receive an email reminder to automatically restore their Shopping Carts.
- Commercially sensitive information such as credit card details is not stored in Dragon CMS, reducing costs and complexities relating to compliance with the Australian Privacy Act.
Email Event Management
Email Event Management section allows you to manage your Mailing List and Email Events.
Get your head around these concepts:
- An Email Event is an email message that is designed to send out on a specific date.
- After you send out an Email Event, you may entre a Roll-over Date thus allowing you to recycle that Event by setting it for a future date.
- Dragon CMS contains a built-in emailing engine, so there is no need to pay for a 3rd party service.
Special features of the Email Event Management section include:
- Ability to create unlimited Email Events.
- Email Events can be created by other members of staff and actioned upon by everybody. That way customer-oriented communications never gets held up or lost.
- The Roll-over feature is particularly useful for repeat communications.
- You can use Email Events not just for newsletters communications, but also for scheduling appointment reminders (eg. next check up or service), a great way to boost repeat visitations and service arm of your business.
- Visitors to your website can anonymously subscribe to your website Mailing List (simply by providing an email address).
- All emails contain a link to unsubscribe, thus ensuring compliance with the Australian Spam Act and eliminating manual labour when it comes to removing email addresses from your records.
Transaction Management section allows you to manage all orders that you receive from your Customers.
Get your head around these concepts:
- A Transaction contains a summary of the order, including date / time and Customer's name.
- When an order is received, the Transaction will display in the Back End home page clearly visible when you log in.
Special features of the Transaction Management section include:
- You will receive a confirmation email from Dragon CMS when a new Transaction is created. Your Customer also receives a confirmation email.
- You may Accept or Reject a Transaction, which tells Dragon CMS to store the Transaction after you haved processed the order.
- Credit card details is not stored in the Transaction, but are included in the email to you. This alleviates the public's concern regarding storage of such commercially-sensitive information, and reduces costs and complexities relating to compliance with the Australian Privacy Act.
News Management section allows you to manage content on your News page.
A News item contains the following information:
- A subject
- A description
- A creation Date
- An Author's name
- News image
Special features of the News Management section include:
- The ability to create unlimited News items.
- The News image is automatically optimised by Dragon CMS.
- You can manually entre the Date and Author.
- News items are automatically ordered by date in the Front End (latest first).
FAQ Management section allows you to manage your Frequently Asked Questions.
An FAQ item contains the following information:
- The Question
- The Answer
- Attached file
Special features of the FAQ Management section include:
- The ability to created unlimited FAQ items.
- The ability to upload a file that your visitor can download, useful in supplementing your Answer (eg. Fax form, brochure, datasheet).
Website Auditing section allows you to check your website statistics.
Get your head around these concepts:
- An IP Address is a unique numerical identification used by computers connected to the internet.
- You can view who, when and how many visitors view your website and products.
- We provide you with Google Analytics service, which gives you power to analyse your website performance, such as visitor loyalty, traffic sources, popular search terms, etc.
Special features of the Website Auditing section include:
- Access to Google Analytics is free.
- Ability to view visitor's IP Addresses, a useful management and security tool.
- Ability to export the report to spreadsheet format (which you can graph / manipulate using Microsoft Excel).
- Ability to view number of hits to your website for any period in time.
Administrator Management section allows you to manage Administrator accounts and Roles. Dragon CMS is designed to permit many users to use it at the same time, so it's perfect for large, multi-user businesses such as franchises, but just as suited to small businesses with only a handful of users.
Get your head around these concepts:
- An Administrator is an individual who is permitted to use Dragon CMS (you can manage account names and passwords).
- A Command is a specific function which can be performed within Dragon CMS (eg. Add News, Delete News, View Product, etc).
- A Role is a bunch of Commands grouped together (eg. View Only Commands, Full Control, etc).
Special features of the Administrator Management section include:
- The ability to manage unlimited number of Administrator accounts.
- The ability to manage as many Roles as you require, and change this anytime you wish.
- Fine grained control over individual Commands.
Research shows that 2 out of 3 consumer purchases start with web searches. Firstly, it is crucial that your website is known to search engines (eg. Google, Live / Nine MSN, Yahoo! search) so that can place within search results. However, ranking on page 100 of these results is undesirable, therefore we employ various strategies to ensure optiminal search engine rankings.
Integrated SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) is a priceless feature of Dragon CMS. Not only does it improve your search engine rankings by giving search engines more information about your website, it also gives you the flexibility to manage this information without needing to pay for 3rd party "SEO specialists". This technology will save you hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars per annum!
Integrated SEO allows you to update the following meta data (hidden information that search engine's use for interpreting and ranking your website):
- Robots Parameter - Invite all crawlers to search site
- Robots Parameter - Enable crawlers to index site
- Robots Parameter - Enable crawlers to follow links
Special features of the Integrated SEO section include:
- Never pay a single cent for "SEO specialists" who employ "organic" results because now you can do it all yourself!
- There's no delay, any changes are applied in real-time!
- We recommend checking all three Robots Parameters to ensure thorough crawler performance (increases traffic to your website slightly).
- Speak to our exprienced marketing team for a tailored, results-focused marketing package.
- Combined with Google Analytics service.
- Enjoy superior results*. For example, all our clients place either #1, #2 or #3 ranking when searching for their business name on Google Worldwide and Google Australia.
*Just as the "Coca Cola formula" remains a secret to the entire world, nobody know how various search engines actually work. Furthermore these ranking algorithms are subject to change without notice. Although we cannot guarantee you a specific ranking, our experience and continual development in this area means that your investment in Dragon CMS remains at the forefront of this technology.
Shopping Cart system is conventional, secure and easy to use. Innovative features help to maximise conversions and minimise Cart abandonment.
- Shopping Cart is secured by SSL Encryption.
- Website graphics and TrustId Logos visibly identify that your website is secure.
- Shopping Cart comprises short check out process.
- Enable multiple payment options, such as PayPal Gateway* (accepts MasterCard, Visa, Bank transfer, PayPal credit), or nominate** your preferred Payment Gateway (eg. Commweb, ANZ E-Gate).
- Cost effective PayPal Gateway option available on all Dragon CMS Packages: variable (2.4% + 30 cents) and monthly fee ($0), means you only pay for what you use.
- Accept orders then process them using in-store EFTPOS (Electronic Funds Transfer at Point of Sale) facilities using MOTO option***.
- Customers that abandon their Shopping Carts receive an email reminder a few days later reminding them to restore their Shopping Carts. This automated feature is powered by Dragon CMS.
*Please visit the PayPal Australia website for details regarding fees and policies.
**Nominating your preferred Gateway may incur additional setup costs. To ensure full compatibility with your referred Gateway, please clearly indicate this in your application.
***Dragon CMS does not provide banking or payment processing services. Speak to your bank about fees and policies in relation to credit card chargebacks.
We've designed many automated features to make your life a little easier! These include:
- Automated Product publishing. Allows you to upload your Product database automatically to a 3rd party service*, such as online marketplaces and shopping comparison websites (eg. Trading Post, TradeMe, Bike Exchange, ShopBot).
- Automated Forum publishing of new Product. You can elect integrated forum functionalities with JForum4Dragon add-on. When a new Product is created within Dragon CMS, a thread is automatically created under "New Products" section in the Forum. When the Product is deleted within Dragon CMS, that thread is automatically moved into "Old Products" section in the Forum. Your website visitors can discuss your Products within the Forum - a great way to increase repeat visitations and boost indirect traffic to your webstore.
- Automated reminder to restore abandoned Shopping Cart. Customers that abandon their Shopping Carts receive an email reminder a few days later reminding them to restore their Shopping Carts.
- Automated Product recommendation. Recommends additional products to purchase when visitors view a Product in the Front End. You can adjust the price range and algorithm to suit your needs. This is similar functionality to "people who bought this also bought ..." feature.
- Automated Email Event. Notifies you and sends out an email message on a given date.
- Automated Product Re-order Event. Notifies you when stock levels fall below Product Re-order value.
- Automated database backups. The entire database is automatically backed up every night (in case of emergencies) so you can sleep soundly.
- Automated order confirmation email. You receive emails notifying you when an order is received. Similarly, your Customer also receives an email.
- Automated search engine update. Ensures your site is being indexed by all the major search engines consistently..
- Automated Product image optimiation. Whenever you upload a JPEG image to Dragon CMS, the image is optimised to the correct size, image quality and small file size.
*The 3rd part service provider must support this feature. We can develop customised functionality any provider that you nominate.
New features are constantly developed and improved, oftentimes with feedback from our clients.
Interested? Learn more about how it works, pricing structure (no hidden fees), and get started today.